Tomato Rasam Recipe:- Ritual is a traditional South Indian food that is prepared on a daily basis in most households in the region. Rasam is a spicy and eccentric soup and is usually mixed with hot plain rice when eaten. Tomato Rasam A fragrant soup is made by cooking tomatoes with a full load of Indian spices.
It is eaten as it is and is usually given to children and adults when they get sick. In this recipe, the rasam is prepared without adding any lentils; However, you can add a handful of cooked tor lentils to give it a different texture.
Many variations of Rasam can be prepared like Lemon Rasam, Pepper Rasam, Ghodogram Rasam etc. Tomato juice is one of the most commonly prepared. Rasam is the simplest yet healthy and delicious South Indian recipe that can be prepared in a jiffy.
Tomato Rasam Recipe: How to make Tomato Rasam
- Tomatoes – 3
- Water – 3 cups
- Garlic (with skin) – 4 cloves
- Pepper seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin – 2 tsp salt to taste
- Tamarind – The size of 2 lemons
- Rasam powder – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 8-10
- Hing (Asfuitida) – a pinch
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 2 cups
- Ghee – 2 tsp
HOW TO PREPARE
1. Take the tomatoes and cut the top of the tomatoes.
2. Make 2-3 vertical cuts on the tomatoes.
3. Add the tomatoes to the hot heavy frying pan.
4. Add water and let it boil for 15 minutes, until tomatoes become soft and tender.
5. Transfer the tomatoes to a bowl. Retain water for later use.
6. Allow them to cool for about 5 minutes.
7. Remove the skin from the tomatoes and mash them lightly and set aside.
8. Add the garlic cloves to the mortar
9. Then add peppercorns and a teaspoon of cumin.
10. Dilute them with thin paste.
11. Heat the water in the same pan for about 2 minutes.
12. Add the mashed tomatoes and chakra paste.
13. Add salt and tamarind to the sauce and allow it to cook for 8-10 minutes.
14. Add the rasam powder.
15. Boil the rasam.
16. Meanwhile, add oil to the hot tadka.
17. Add a teaspoon of mustard seeds and cumin.
18. Add asafoetida and curry leaves.
19. Allow it to splutter
20. Fill the sun on the ritual.
21. Add sharply chopped coriander leaves.
22. Add ghee.
23. Transfer to bowl and serve hot ritual with rice. More